Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 23-24

Since I work later hours on Thursdays, I got a lot done yesterday before work! We had a new sleeper sofa being delivered for our guest room "between 8-10am", so I couldn't sleep in like I usually do.

New sleeper sofa!
I had oatmeal for breakfast. It's boring, but it's easy and I like it. I was able to sit down and eat it as I watched the morning news. There's something I could get used to, if I didn't enjoy sleep so much.

Lunch was kind of weird, because I get to work right before lunchtime on Thursdays. My routine is always off, and I try to save my lunch break for dinner time (I would be ravenous if I tried to wait to eat dinner after 8pm). I ended up eating some hummus and wheat thins as I worked at my desk. I had also mixed some cranberry juice and apple juice in a tumbler and brought it to work, so that counts as lunch too.

Organic Thai Coconut Curry Hummus. So tasty.
For dinner I had a black bean burger (freezer to microwave, so easy at work!), and my leftover salad from dinner at Good Eats. It was a huge salad, so I had plenty left.

I ended up eating another bowl of oatmeal when I got home because I was hungry again. I've been having a hungry week. Oh well.

Breakfast today was the same.. oatmeal. It really is good with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Really creamy and like a completely different substance from oatmeal made with water. I think vegan or not, I'll keep making it this way. Who needs the added sugar from regular milk anyway?

I brought a strange last-minute concoction for lunch today. I mashed a can of white beans and mixed it with a few tablespoons of salsa to make a bean dip. And we were out of tortillas, so I brought tortilla chips instead. I'm not crazy about the extra sodium, but oh well. It's what I had. And it's going to taste good. I brought some mexican rice I can heat up in case I'm still hungry. Oh the strange things I eat when I'm running low on produce. =D

We're going out for sushi tonight to celebrate the hubby's successful PT test. He passed with a 97%! That's his best score ever, in the entire 5.5 years he's been in the military. He's practically sold on being a permanent vegan now. Success!! We might even pick up some sorbet, though I'll feel guilty and I'll have to drag my butt onto the treadmill tomorrow to make up for it. The next adventure is going to be adding in more exercise and cutting out the (vegan) junk food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment