Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 4 Dinner


Sautéing the quesadilla filling
We made Black Beans and Greens Quesadillas from the Student's Go Vegan Cookbook. The filling was red onion, garlic, kale, black beans, a little oj, thyme, salt, allspice, and firm tofu splashed with soy sauce.

These were really interesting. The recipe made 4 quesadillas, and since I didn't have a side dish we just each ate 2. The first one was really different and really good. By the time I was finishing up the second one, I was tired of the kale. I think next time I'll half the kale and add a cup of chopped or sliced mushrooms instead.

Josh and I both agreed that it needed a spoonful of sour cream on top. Maybe I'll be able to find the vegan sour cream at the health foods store for next time.

Here's the finished product:
Black Beans & Greens Quesadillas

No comments:

Post a Comment