Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 8

Breakfast was predictable today: Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal with almond milk

Lunch was a "hearty" vegetable stew I put in the crockpot over night last night. It was an everything in the fridge kind of stew, and I deviated from the recipe a bit. I threw in several carrots and parsnips, half an onion, a white potato, half a sweet potato, 2 cans of whole tomatoes, 2 cans of cannellini beans, half a head of cabbage, and some spices. Of course everything was peeled, diced, or sliced appropriately. If I had remembered we had celery, I'd have thrown in some of that too.

For dinner we had soup again, but I finally made the quinoa cornbread! It turned out very interesting. I will most likely make it again, without the quinoa next time. It wasn't bad, just gave it a strange texture. Fun fact, this is the first time I've ever made cornbread with whole kernels of corn. I liked that part.
Vegetable Stew and Quinoa Cornbread
Tomorrow is probably going to be a leftover day mostly. We have a few frozen veggie burgers as a backup plan, but I work late so I'm probably having stew again. I'm trying to make it to Saturday without shopping again, because we're finally going to the only health food store in town that day. They close too early during the week for me to make it over there after work. I'm excited to see what kind of selection they have. My fingers are crossed for vegan sour cream and egg replacer.

Anyone have a good vegan blueberry muffin recipe to share? I know it's not likely, but I figured I'd ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment