Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 4

I'm bad and I skipped breakfast today. I had to work (every fourth Saturday, ugh) and I just couldn't force myself to eat this morning. I suffer from constant, year-round sinus drainage (sorry, I know it's gross) and it's usually at its worst first thing in the morning. It can make me very nauseous, hence my issues with breakfast.

Since I'm working, Josh decided to get lunch for us. We decided to try some vegan sushi! We got an avocado roll, asparagus roll, sweet potato roll, and some veggie tempura. I'm assuming since this was a very traditional Japanese sushi restaurant that they didn't use eggs or milk in the tempura batter. It was very light and crisp and not puffy, so I think we did ok there. Of course we also got some miso soup (true miso, no animal broth) with seaweed and tofu. Yummmmmm. I had asked him to get agedashi tofu for us to try, but he forgot. Oh well, there's always next time.

I haven't decided what to cook for dinner yet. I've been dying to make one of the soups, but I also have the ingredients for tofu and kale quesadillas. Josh will probably choose spaghetti if I let him pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment