Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day Two

Day two has been pretty easy. I started reading The 30 Day Vegan Challenge for a few minutes when work was slow, but I didn't get very far yet.

I had a muffin (see last night's post) for breakfast. The muffin seemed a little dry so I put a little bit of Earth Balance (vegan butter-type spread) and popped it in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm it. Josh said he didn't warm his, but I think it was a lot better that way.

I had my leftover Avocado & White Bean Burrito for lunch, but this time I stuck it in the microwave for 30 seconds too. It was goooooood! I'm probably going to make a whole bunch of these and try freezing them for quick lunches or dinners.

For dinner we had Lickety-Split Burger Hash from the Student's Go Vegan Cookbook. It's just onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, 2 chopped up vegan burgers, tomato sauce, dijon mustard, and a little bit of maple syrup as sweetener. Simple and quick, which is great since I had to work until 8:00 tonight. I decided to serve it over minute rice (hey, I didn't have time for regular rice!) and it was the perfect addition. The only thing I didn't like was that it only made 2 servings, so there were no leftovers! I'll definitely double it next time.

cooking the diced onion, pepper, and mushrooms

Lickety-Split Burger Hash over rice
Tomorrow is probably going to be prettttty boring. I don't have anything planned for lunch and it's after 10pm, so I'm probably just taking some oatmeal and a banana. But I guess the fact that I can do something quick and easy and boring is a good thing. Vegan doesn't have to be complicated (well at least not all the time)!

No comments:

Post a Comment