Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 9

Agh! Sorry I'm late! I have a different work schedule on Thursdays, and that always throws off the whole rest of my day.

Breakfast yesterday was maple and brown sugar oatmeal again. I got a few recipes for blueberry muffins to try out though, so hopefully I can make those over the weekend. Hubby really liked the idea of muffins and has asked me repeatedly to make more.

For lunch I had veggie soup again, with leftover cornbread. I'm tired of it now, so I brought something else for lunch today.

We tried out some frozen veggie burgers for dinner. I found 2 vegan kinds in the freezer section at the commissary, so we both had one of each. One was Amy's and I don't remember the brand of the others. Amy's were plain veggie burgers, but the others were my favorite. They were black bean chipotle, but not too spicy. Oh, so good.

An interesting note to share, since most of my friends aren't vegan. I found out yesterday that honey isn't considered vegan by the "purists". It is considered an "animal product" by many! Hubby said this was going too far, that no way would he give up honey mustard, and I kind of agree with him. Maybe I need to do some more research, but I don't feel like bees are being extorted for their honey. I'm very fond of honey and beeswax, too. I use fresh beeswax from a local beekeeper to make solid lotion bars, and I love that I can use such a natural product instead of one loaded with chemicals. I keep reading that being vegan isn't about being perfect or being a "purist", it's about lessening your impact and voting with your wallet. Based on those principles, I see no reason to avoid bee products.

No comments:

Post a Comment