Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 7

One week down!!

I had planned a longer post, but I cooked dinner tonight, and then we went to find me some new work shoes, and when we got home I decided to make tomorrow's lunch and dinner too. Then poof it was 10pm. Oops.

Breakfast was maple and brown sugar oatmeal but I made it with almond milk (instead of water) and that was pretty good.

For lunch we had to improvise. The bowling alley is next door to the library where I work, and they have a cafe/grill. Hubby was coming to eat with me, so I ordered two Philly cheesesteaks without the steak or cheese and asked if they could add some mushrooms. They weren't busy yet, so they were happy to oblige. The sandwiches were awesome. Two warm hoagie buns overloaded with grilled peppers, onions, and mushrooms. I will be ordering that again for sure.

Mmm.. Pizza
For dinner we had a pizza night. We found one variation of Amy's vegan pizza at the commissary. I have the picture of the box, but I can't remember what it was. Hubby loved it. He said he didn't miss the cheese at all, which is big because he's a huge pizza lover. He was really glad to find vegan pizza! We also had some fried mushrooms. Not a banner day for healthy food here, but they were so good and went well with the pizza. I can see a repeat of that meal on pizza-and-a-movie night.

Here's the box. It was a Roasted Vegetable No Cheese Pizza
Fried Mushroom Bites (Made in my schfancy new toaster oven)
Last bit of fun for today: I got my milk frother from Amazon today! I was so excited to try it out! I just made a decaf k-cup and warmed some vanilla soy milk in the microwave for a few seconds, then used the frother to make foam and dumped it on top of my coffee. First thoughts were holy cow where has this contraption been all my life and how did I live without it. I see many more fun vegan coffee drinks in my future. Many, many more.

First milk frother test was successful!


No comments:

Post a Comment