Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Days 10-13

Agh! Sorry I've been a blog slacker! I'd say we were in a bit of a food rut this weekend, which didn't inspire me to write much. =/

Friday we went to the local health foods store and found lots of vegan goodies. I wish I could find them at a regular grocery store so they wouldn't be so expensive, but I guess it's better than nothing! I found vegenaise and "better than sour cream" and a vegan "cheese" pizza, among other things. My favorite find was the organic dog food in a huge bag for only $7.50. It's Castor and Pollux Organix Dry Dog Food, and it got the top rating of 5 stars on dogfoodadvisor.com. I still can't believe some of my friends are paying $30+ per bag for "good" dog food, and I got this stuff cheaper than the Iams I had been buying. The pieces are small enough for my 5lb Pom, and my cat seems to really like it (shaking my head, she loves dog food and won't leave it alone!).

We ate a lot of junk food over the weekend, including oreos and vegan burritos. We did sneak in one Moe's run, and a trip to the sushi place that we ordered take out from last week. I got to try agedashi tofu, and I liked it!

We had black bean burgers and sweet potato tots for dinner last night, and I'm hoping that puts an end to our junk food craze for the week. I bought the ingredients for more home made bean burritos, so that's probably what we're having tonight. I need to get another list of recipes going and make a big grocery trip in the next day or so, but hubby has finals this week and won't be much help so I don't know if that will get done.

Oh! And I bought the ingredients to make blueberry muffins. That may be what I do tonight to keep myself entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment